2018년 2월 13일 화요일

B4

          Even though Broadway shows are globally well-known works, I do not really know about Broadway. To be honest, I did not even know if "Mamma Mia" was a Broadway show until I found it out now. I looked at the list of the Broadway shows and realized that I have some performances that I liked through my experiences, which are "Marry Poppins," "Mamma Mia," and "Cats." 

          Every year in my high school, they had a musical performance. When I was in 11th grade, they had "Marry Poppins." My friends and I participated in the audition for fun. There were two parts of the audition; one was to sing one song from a selected character and the other one was to dance with the song, "super‐cali‐fragil‐istic‐expi‐ali‐docious." The singing audition was an individual system, so it was not fun. However, we had a lot of fun with the dance audition. The choreography for it was to make each letter of the alphabet for super‐cali‐fragil‐istic‐expi‐ali‐docious and although everyone was struggling, they enjoyed it.

             When I was in elementary school, one of my teachers showed the movie version of "Mamma Mia" to the class, since she was planning to go to watch a musical "Mamma Mia" in a theater as a field trip. I could not go but I still watched the movie. The movie is well made, so that teenagers can also enjoy it. The place where they filmed it was so pretty. The main girl character, played by Amanda Seyfried, was cute too. I still remember a couple of good songs from the movie. 

          Lastly, again, I was an elementary school student when I watched "Cats." I actually went to the theater to see the performance. I was impressed at the actors and actresses outlooks the most. Their make-up and costumes were very bombastic, which surprised a young me. The show was interesting for the entire performance time. There were many human cats and their movements were dynamic.


댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기