2018년 3월 13일 화요일

X2

          When I first got my own cellphone ten years ago, it was not a smartphone. There was no emoji such as 😍,🐌,👫,✋,💾 or 🚌. Instead, I used emoticons, like *^_^*, V( ͒🔽͒ )V, ≥ 3 ≤ or -___-;;. These kinds of facial expressions that we can make with the keyboard characters are considered American Standard Code for Information Interchange (ASCII) art. Both have the same concept that makes a picture or image with computer keyboard symbols.

          ASCII art grows further than only creating emoticons. People these days can make anything using ASCII. This is really amazing, since we can produce art work with only keyboard symbols. As I am not an artistic person, I feel like in order to make an image, I should have some kind of paper and tool that I can actually draw on. I was amazed when I realized how many ways there are to create art.

         The American National Standards Institute developed ASCII when many people started to use email a lot more often. Computer science is spread out in the world; it is not only prevalent in the science and technology fields, but also within art. Back to when I first used the cell phone, we only had several facial emoticons that we can put in our text. However, it grew to include the ASCII art of a Christmas tree for Christmas text messages and an umbrella for texts in cases where there will be rain. Now, people create ASCII art for anything with details.





-Work Cited-

http://chris.com/ascii/index.php?page=what-is-ascii-art

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기